- Deal with spiders. Some people prefer to leave them there, some take them back outside, and others kill them. I cannot bring myself to do any of those things. I can't look at them, touch them, or get near enough to move or kill them. Spiders are revolting and, although my husband also hates them, he has that job in our household.
- Go underwater without blocking my nose. I know, this is ridiculous, but I've never learned to go underwater without water going up my nose. So I block it. I once told my little girl's swimming teacher this and, after she stopped laughing, she said I could learn with Abbey. Problem being that, at six months of age, Abbey could do it. And I still, sadly, cannot.
- Clean toilets. Another job that goes to Steve. It's just gross and I can't handle touching the toilets, even in my own home.
- Skydive. I made Steve do it, as a surprise for his 30th birthday. When we got there, they had a couple of extra spaces on the plane and asked if any observers would consider doing it. I thought about it. Seriously. But I just couldn't bring myself to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane.
- Time travel. OK, so Steve came up with this one (he likes sci-fi). And the list didn't say anything about being realistic, did it now? But I wouldn't time travel, even if I had the opportunity. Sure, it would be interesting, but what if something happened and I couldn't come back to my family? No thanks.
- Go in lifts (unless I have no choice). Especially in unreliable-looking buildings (to be determined at my discretion). And the whole family must endure several flights of stairs if I deem a lift to be unsuitable. This stems from being stuck in a lift for two hours a few years ago.
- Wear a bikini after having my baby (I know I've mentioned this in a few posts, but she was almost ten pounds... hello, stretchmarks!). It just wouldn't be pretty, so I now have a one-piece.
- Eat sauerkraut. Have you ever smelled that stuff? My mother-in-law is Swiss and cooks it a bit. I have never tried it, but when you lift the lid of the pot, the whole house is encased with the smell of cabbage.
- Cut Steve's hair. He always asks me to cut his hair with the clippers, but I hate doing it. That's what hairdressers are for.
- Watch science-fiction or annoying action movies. I just don't get them and spend the whole time asking Steve what's going on.
Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim
Jade at She Is Jade
Naomi at Under The Yardarm
Jodie at Mummy Mayhem
Lana at Sharpest Pencil
Emily at Emily The Strange
Taryn at Taryn Rucci
Thea at Do I Really Wanna Blog?
Bern at So Now What?
Sarah at Living La Vida What The
Share some love
Leave a comment!